Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hair Cut

Here are my insecurities coming out. I hate going to beauty salons. Actually hair dressers in general. Not that I don't like getting my hair cut...I do (though I hate looking at myself with wet, flat hair and strong lighting...haha). Not that I don't like hairdressers or estheticians for that matter. I know some lovely people in both professions that I really like. My problem? I feel like a fraud. Like I'm just not cool enough to be there. Why do I feel like I need to be a rich, put together, professional woman to pay $60 for a haircut? Yeesh, what am I doing spending $60 on a hair cut? I'm a housewife.

Anyhow, off I go today to a new hairdresser suggested to me by a friend. I'm looking forward to a new (hopefully good) cut. I didn't realize just how expensive it'd be until after I booked it. But, I'll give it a shot. Hopefully I'll look good for Christmas. And hopefully too much hair won't come out of my head when she washes it.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

2 comments:

  1. I hope it turns out well for you!!! you DESERVE A $60 hair cut its the perfect "treat" for your recent lose-- enjoy it/love it savour it!!!!

    I personally don't like lokking at my chubby face under the same conditions that you described but with that dreded CAPE!!!

    Maybe you'll post a pic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. honey you SOOO deserve it!! now lets see it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete