Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter's Coming...

We're watching Veggie Tales right now. I've always loved Veggie Tales. A good message told in a fun way. Nothing's taken too seriously. It's a bit of a relief to be honest.

It's got me thinking that I'm focusing a little too much on the food aspect of Easter. There's so much more to it. Just because I love chocolate and I have a basket full of it waiting for me in my garage doesn't mean that's what I should be thinking about.

Anyhow...lots of baking plans with my kids today. Easter bunny cake, Easter nests etc. Hmmmm...I wonder if I'm setting a bad precedent for my kids? Huh. Still searching to find that healthy relationship with food. That balance between fun and enjoyment and over indulgent. I'll see what I can do for myself as I try to guide my children in a healthy way. That said...bring on the chocolate!

I hope you enjoy your Easter this year and the promise of life that it brings.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter my dear.

    One good way of forgetting about the food at easter? Have your husband become a pastor. They work the entire weekend. Then have one or more of your kids get sick. They get a tornado to rip through your house. Then get your baby to teeth brutally.

    That should get your mind off of it... at least it is working for me!

    We aren't baking a single thing. Nothing.

    ReplyDelete