Monday, March 17, 2008

Gack!

In celebration of St. Patrick's Day, we thought we might do McDonald's and have Shamrock Shakes for supper. I don't mind McDonald's too much. My kids LOVE their grilled cheese sandwiches and I've been able to fit their food into my 'diet' quite successfully.

Since we're still in the need-to-stay-at-home-in-case-someone-needs-to-pee stage, Brian headed out to pick up supper. I thought I'd better go on the McDonald's website to check the nutritional info. What I found was not only disturbing, but very surprising. I've never checked because I didn't ever want one. But, I now know that a SMALL McDonald's shake is 12 points! Yes, you heard me....12. That's more than a cheeseburger (which is 7)! I thought at first that I'd checked the wrong size. So, I checked the large and it was 22 points!!!!! What? My daily points total right now is 26. That's a heck of a lotta points.

So, I frantically called Brian with the points total. In the end, we shared a small. I could swallow 6 points for a drink as a treat...but I just couldn't fathom drinking 12 points. I'll definitely be sticking to my 0 point Diet Pepsi.

1 comment:

  1. Kay, I really really didn't want to know that... ACK. I love McDonalds' Vanilla Shakes...
    BOO.

    ReplyDelete