Monday, August 25, 2008

Where did the time go?

Well, I'm home. I've been home for a day, but I'm just now finding time to sit at the computer for more than a couple minutes.

We had a great trip. I'm not sure it should be called a vacation because I'm most definitely feeling less rested than I did before we left, but not bad less rested. Just less rested. Guess that's what many, many hours of driving will do coupled with a baby who is cutting all 4 of her first molars at once. We had a great visit with family though and had a lot of fun. I'm glad we went and would do it again in a heartbeat.

And with such a great trip, I will admit that I was kinda dreading coming home. Back to the grind. At only one week until school starts, there were people I was going to spend time with and things I was gonna do that just didn't happen this summer - giving me a feeling of unfinishedness. Then there's some stuff I hafta do that I wasn't (and am not) looking forward to. And of course, likely the biggest thing...the scale. Duh, duh, duh.

So, how did I do with the scale? My estimate was somewhere in the range of 5 pounds up. I didn't count and most definitely ate more that I should have at times. I did okay, though. Only up 2.1 pounds. So that puts me at 173.6. I'm not pleased with that weight, but it could be much worse and since my goal for the summer was to maintain my 80 pound loss and I'm currently at 79.4 and there's still one week left of summer before school starts for Will and I'm back counting for weight loss? I think I will meet my goal. Which I am happy with.

So moving forward, what is my next weight loss goal? Where do a I wanna go, what do I wanna do? I think I'd like to be 160 when I go on my big tropical vacation in November. I have 9 weeks and 13.6 pounds to lose. Totally do-able...if I can stay on track. Which I will. I think I have all the not following the program out of my system and am looking forward to reaquainting my lazy and floppy bottom with the treadmill. And feeling hungry again. It's been a while since I've really felt hungry...could be a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. you should be very proud of your summer goal of maintaining! very good. and your next goal is very do-able! I will be here to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have been quite successful over the summer, even just trying to maintain your weight (or close to it). I often feel quite inspired by your efforts.

    ReplyDelete