Monday, September 22, 2008

One Hundred

Weight Watchers has not been my first attempt at weight loss. I have had several reasonably successful runs before, using different methods.

My most recent go at weight loss was 3 years ago, almost exactly. I did South Beach for about 4 months. I actually credit SB for much of my success on WW. While I was on SB, I learned a lot about how the body processes food, appetite control and the Glycemic Index. Armed with all that information, I am able to control my appetite a lot more while using points. I still eat with some of the SB principles in mind. It's a pretty good program. My problem was that it seemed as though it was all or nothing. If I went off course, I felt like I was cheating and that isn't a good way to start a new way of life. Any program that tells me I can never eat a certain food will not work for me. So it didn't last, but I did lose 45 lbs in the process.

I'll never forget the weigh in that I did before I started. It was about 3 years ago, give or take a week, and Nate was 4 months old. I stepped on the scale and it said 269 lbs.

This morning, I weighed in and the scale said 169 lbs.

Today, as I sit here before you all, I am 100 lbs lighter than I was 3 years ago.

Wow.

I guess I can lose 100 lbs. Granted, there was a pregnancy in there and all, but the fact remains that I have lost 100 lbs. And I'm proud of that.

Takes my WW loss to 84 lbs. I had another really good loss this week. I'm back on track. 2 big losses, then 2 smaller losses. That seems to be my pattern.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That calls for a glass of wine (or your drink of choice) in celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHH YYYYYAAAAAYYYY BBBBAAAAAABYYYY!!!!


    Look at you!! OMG !!!! Did you scream?? Jump up and down????

    YOU ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK!!!!!!


    WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, wow, that is so amazing! that also goes to show how important it is to educate ourselves on how our bodies need and process food! great job!!! i am inspired! keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MANDER!! I am so amazed by you and proud of your awesome accomplishment. Congratulations friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - 100 pounds is fantastic. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete