Monday, March 15, 2010

Admit One: My Life in Film - A review

I was given Emmett James' book, Admit One: My Life In Film to review with no requirement to give a positive review.  

Admit One is a personal memoir about a boy who loved films who turned into an actor who can look back and see his life in the films he's watched.  It was an interesting read.  I definitely didn't hate it, but it's not the type of book I would normally chose to read.  This is an honest and forthright portrayal of his life approached in an original way.  It had some funny parts.  The author certainly knows how to make his life sound interesting.  It was not a dry memoir, but a fun look back by a man who can laugh at himself and where he's come from.  If you're a film buff and love movies, this is likely a book you'll enjoy...especially when you find out what films the author has been in himself.  I've told my husband he should read it, because I think he'll enjoy it, but it's not one that I would go out of my way to read again.


             ADMIT ONE: My Life in Film By Emmett James

Fizzypop Productions, LLC, February 2010
ISBN: 978-0-9842581-0-9
US $19.95, 216 pages, Hardcover

No comments:

Post a Comment