Friday, May 21, 2010

Weigh in - Progress so far

Well, I'm back in the 180's.  Not as far into the 180's as I was 2 weeks ago, but at least I saw a loss this week.  So... that's good.

189 on the dot is what the scale told me this morning.

That means that in 6 weeks, I've lost 8.7 pounds.  Which is right on target for what WW's tells me I should be losing: 1.45 pounds per week.  WW's suggests losing between 1-2 pounds per week, so that's good, right?  Not as good as I did last time I was doing WW's, but then I was counting better back then too.  At least I'm losing.  Given my struggles and my lack of counting some days, I should be thankful.  I would like it to be better, but this isn't a race.  I keep saying I need to focus on my health and not just my weight... so that's what I'm trying to do.  I NEED to take this at a pace that I can keep up over the long haul.  A sprint at the beginning usually means burn out eventually.  I don't want to regain this weight again, so I will be patient.

Though I still have a hard time not wishing that I was a few more pounds down.

My summer clothes from 2 summers ago were bought when I was 175.  That's 14 pounds to take off so that I can wear my summer clothes - give or take.  Seeing as there are only 5 weeks left of school, my butt's not likely to squeeze into my old shorts at this rate.  Maybe by the end of summer.

So that's my story for this week.  My whole family will be together this weekend, so I'll be over at my parent's house.  I'm excited for this time, but eating is always a challenge for me when I'm with family.  I have a hard time staying on track.  I don't know why.  Part habit I suppose.  Part emotional.  Partly it's the size of the plates mom has, they're much bigger than mine.  Partly it's because when we get together, we make bigger meals and so there's more to eat.  And dessert.  And my dad's wine!  Lucky I have a fresh batch of flex points and I'll try to squeeze in a quick run before I go over everyday.

Alright, enough blabbing on about my weight and stressing over a couple pounds.  I have a day to get to.  Hope yours is good.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Good for you, have a great weekend.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Manda - proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete