Friday, June 11, 2010

Weigh in - Where'd my consistency go?

So, it seems that this time around, my pattern is one good week, one bad week.

I gained this week.  At least I managed to stay in the 180's.

It's very much a mind game.  This week, I had appointments or meetings or got together with friends every morning while the kids were in school.  So, in my head I thought that since I couldn't get my exercise in while the kids were at school (cuz that's my favorite time to do it), I wouldn't get it in seeing as Finn's naps haven't been consistent.  That coupled with missing both weekend days and suddenly my mind decided that I just needed to eat everything in sight.

And I was feeling SO good when I weighed in on Friday.  Thin and good.

Each week that I don't lose, I see my summer wardrobe shrink.  At this rate I'll be stuck wearing the bathing suit that I just bought that I hate.  But, it cost a fortune.  I actually did a double take when the cashier told me the total because after looking at a bunch of suits that were all the same price, I assumed this one would be comparable.  And then?  I bought it anyways despite the ridiculous price because I thought it would be good (and I was also in shock).  But now I hate it and I can't even find the bottoms of the tankini because Finn likes to root around in the drawer I keep it in.  The only redeeming factor is that the top is nice and long and won't show off my midriff.  I will not be buying a new one because when Brian heard the price, he asked me if I was going to be buried in it.  And I agree.  I either need to get this weight off or wear the bright pink monstrosity that's posing as a bathing suit.

I wish I would remember this when I'm stuffing my face.

Pfft.  This is going so differently than it did the first time around and I'm left asking myself, "Where'd my consistency go?"

No comments:

Post a Comment