Saturday, July 13, 2013

So sleepy


With an inverted sleep cycle, my little daughter barely makes it through a day without falling asleep. It's pretty much a given, even at 6 1/2 years old, that she will nap each day. At some point.

Not that she'll let us plan or schedule a nap. No, that would be too easy, This little miss feels the need to go, go, go, go, go and go until she suddenly runs out of steam and just falls asleep. Often in the car. Or on the couch watching TV. Sometimes reading a book or playing iPod in bed. Sometimes at school. Once in a while at the dinner table. 

But my most favourite, is when she falls asleep in the bath. So relaxed in the warm water, she lies down her head and just drifts off. For that brief moment, all tension melts away from my body as I watch her so peacefully resting. 

This almost always means an easy bedtime too, which is such a relief.

"I go to bed, Mommy?" she mumbles, half asleep, eyes barely open.

Yes sweetie, off to bed we go. I carry her, snuggled in her pyjamas, hair still wet.

We'll see you again around 11. 

No comments:

Post a Comment