Saturday, November 3, 2007

My Biggest Concern

You know what I'm worried about? Weight wise that is? My biggest concern in this whole journey is that once I'm done losing weight (because I'm confident that I can get down to my goal weight) I will gain it back. I wouldn't be the first person to experience this thing. And, in fact it wouldn't be the first time I lost weight and gained it back either. Though this is my first crack at Weight Watchers, I've lost weight and gained it before.

I'm doing well with counting points and all's well, since I know this dieting thing is temporary. What about when I'm no longer 'dieting'? Can I keep this up for the rest of my life? I need to do this for my children, my husband and most of all myself. I don't want to yo-yo for the rest of my life, as I've watched many people in my life do and have done myself. Sometimes I feel so very weary at the effort this all takes. I'm not ready to give up, don't get me wrong. Nor am I discouraged in any way. I'm taking this journey in small increments and am trying so hard to make lifestyle changes not just diet. I just worry a little that I won't keep it off when all is said and done and then all this hard work will be for nothing and I'll have to start all over again.

I have theories as to how I'll cope. Some strategies that I think I'll use, but that's for another day.

Back to more positive things! Here's to making 203 for Christmas and shortly after that no longer being obese!

No comments:

Post a Comment