Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Just some thoughts...

I have been inspired today by an article on CNN that my husband saw. In it, a woman attributes her weight loss to WW Online and blogging. I'm glad I started this blog...I really do feel that it has kept me accountable and given me a bit of extra motivation to succeed. After all, the 5 people that read this thing need to see me not fail...right?

I started week 3 of my running program yesterday (even though I've been doing it for about 5 weeks now, needed some extra practice on week 2). Warm up walk for 5 minutes, run 90 sec, walk 90 sec, run 3 min, walk 3 min, repeat. And I did it! With Abba keeping me company. I even ran one extra set of 90 sec at 6mph. And it felt good. I am looking forward to being in good shape. One unexpected benefit from running that I've noticed is that my arms have really become defined. On the right, in my progress pic at 200lbs, I couldn't do up the buttons on the sleeves on my brown blouse. Now, I can do up the buttons and there's room to spare. Who'da thought 10 lbs could do that? Not me.

I'm going to volunteer in my son's kindergarten class this afternoon. His teacher seemed genuinely glad that I was coming in, so I'm looking forward to it. Should be fun.

2 comments:

  1. Well, if there are only 5 of us that check, then I'm glad to be one of them!! I am so totally inspired by you and can't wait (I can't believe I'm typing this) to get back on WW! :o) I'll have some catching up to do to catch you though... You're doing so awesome. And man, I never did any exercise program - maybe this time around I should add that... I'd love to not only be thinner, but to also be in shape. I don't even know what that would feel like! Maybe its worth a try... we'll see.
    Anyway, you're still doing awesome!
    :o) Keep Going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are my original blog buddy..and I think you might be surprised there is probably more then 5 ppl- lurking around here...

    Good on you for the running...that is EXCELLENT_ I'm just starting myself and am looking forward to losing

    ReplyDelete