Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Momentum

I'm writing this morning to try to get myself back into the mind space that I need to be in to get the rest of this weight off.

I've lost a bit of momentum. I feel like it started at Christmas where I stopped counting over my 3 week holidays. I did well over those weeks as I came home weighing the same amount as I left...an accomplishment and my goal at the time. And I did well after, but then the end of February, had my 4 silly days of eating. And then this past weekend, another 2 days. Will I ever get out of the 180's? Not if I continue to decide to not count for days at a time.

Things should be better now, except that Easter's coming. There is a small stash of Easter candy for me in the pile of candy that we bought on Saturday. Let's be honest...had I not gotten my own, my children would have had to fight me for theirs. Now, because I am such a chocolate addict, I'm sure you can imagine what Easter usually means for me. Traditionally I eat and eat and eat until the chocolate's gone and then I sneak other people's. Not something I'm proud of, but I've gotta be honest if I'm gonna get anywhere. This year, I don't want to do that. So, now it's official...in black and white. My goal for Easter is not to over indulge in chocolate. Moderation. Use my flex points and stop when I'm out. I CAN do this. I HAVE to do this. I WILL do this.

In the meantime, I'm dreading getting back on the treadmill. Not that it's been that long...I walked on Saturday. I'd planned on exercising yesterday, but I felt so gross most of the day. I actually napped for 2 hours in the afternoon. It's been a while since I felt the need to nap. I just couldn't function and needed to lie down. I'm getting waves of nausea again today and am wondering if it's still my body recovering from the weekend. I'm amazed at how something I did on a regular basis not even a year ago has such far reaching effects for me now. 2 days later and I'm still recovering? This is good. Hopefully I'll remember this the next time I'm faced with a celebration.

Alright, enough obsessing. I couldn't get in all my water yesterday. I'm hoping I can today. I need a good cleanse.

Step by step. Decision by decision. Hour by hour. Day by day. Week by week. I'll get there. I will not quit.

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine (maybe you know her) has this quote on her facebook homepage: "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." :o) I've been thinking about that a lot lately. And I just have to say that you should just worry about today - don't kick yourself for what you did yesterday (or 3 months ago!) You have had many successful days since then - think about those. You are doing super well.
    I found that as I got closer to goal (as you are) - the weight came off easier - I'm sure it was because I was starting to look better and better (as you are!) But, I just have to say that there's nothing like reaching goal...it totally was the best feeling ever. YOU CAN DO IT! Don't kick yourself - just worry about today. (sorry for the mini sermon...but I couldn't help it...)

    ReplyDelete