Friday, May 2, 2008

Sometimes it's okay to be woken up

I've become very protective of my sleep. I'm not sure why. I used to run on 5-6 hours of sleep all the time. But now, I'm finding I need so much more. So that makes me a little grouchy when I'm woken up by one of my kids in the middle of the night. Hey, I'm only human, right?

Last night, though, at 3:30 am, I didn't mind so much. My little almost 3 year old Nate, who's just freshly potty trained and has been dealing with the odd wet bed in the last little while, came waddling into my room; blanket and puppy in tow. I woke up and my first question was, did you wet your bed? "No, I need to go to the bathroom." Awe. I was so proud of him. He talked the entire time we were up. He talked about peeing, his potty, his pajamas. Then, he padded right back to bed.

I love my Nate.

2 comments:

  1. yeah! so exciting... now the next trick is to get them to go pee and then go back to bed without waking you up! :-) but anything is better than having to wake up to change sheets! and i'm with you on needing more sleep these days!!!

    ReplyDelete