Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Motivation #12

This will likely be my last motivation post for a while. I have a few more in the back of my mind, but I think this is a pretty good list. What I've seen as I've gone through these is that just one of these motivations is not enough to keep me working on a healthy lifestyle, but all of them together really add up. I feel a bit of a renewed sense of purpose now and am not feeling quite so negative about this whole thing. It's a whole learning process and I'm sure 10 years down the road, I'll still be learning.

So here we go, my final motivation (not that they were posted in order of importance or anything)...

I want to be an active and involved mommy. I know I've already touched on this when I talked about my kids and about hiking, but this is important. Walks to the park, bike rides, waterparks, swimming, vacations and sightseeing, cross country/downhill skiing when they're older and the list could go on and on. These are the kind of things I see the family doing and while being out of shape and overweight by no means make these things impossible...they make them more difficult and less likely to happen.

Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections.
~ Saint Francis de Sales

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.
~ Benjamin Mays

1 comment:

  1. i am so impressed with your list of motivations! I am glad you posted all of these for us to read. thanks!

    ReplyDelete