So, if you've followed me for a while, you'll know that we live 4 1/2 hours away from the nearest large center, affectionately (and slightly sarcastically) referred to as the Big City. It's where almost all of Finleigh's specialist appointments are. You'll also know that we've been waiting at least a year to get into both a geneticist and a neurologist to see if we can determine the reason for Miss Finn's swallowing troubles and developmental delays. We found out just before Christmas that she'd finally gotten in to see a geneticist! The appointment's for this coming Tuesday. The weather's been gross today and I'm not looking forward to travelling on Saturday (we may as well go down early and get some shopping and friend/family time in!), but I am looking forward to being there once we get there.
Here's the kicker. I just got a call this morning from the neurologist's office we've been waiting to see and they have an appointment for Finn February 3. Yup, that's exactly a week after her genetics appointment. Too long to stay down there because Will has school and Brian has to work. I really tried to see if we could get a better appointment time, but no luck. So here we are, now having to travel this very dangerous highway twice within a 10 day period in the freakin' middle of winter. And no, we won't cancel...we've been waiting too long already.
This also means, for my astute fellow weight losers...that I'll be missing my WI this Monday. I plan to WI on Feb 2, same as usual just before we head down for our second trip.