Friday, April 3, 2009

Roll Up the Rim

I really should be going to bed. And I will. Soon.

But, I just realized that Tim Horton's Roll up the Rim to Win contest is over and I didn't get there once to roll up even one rim.

I'm kinda sad about that...even though I'm not exactly a die hard TH fan.

I mean, it probably would have just said try again, but still. There's something about rolling that rim.

The thing is...going to TH's in this town is like saying goodbye to at least 15 minutes of your day due to the incredible line ups. Plus...I'm never really sure I want to spend the calories cuz even if I just get coffee...you NEED the cream.

Sniff. Guess there's always next year.

For my American friends? This is a Canadian tradition. Near and dear to our hearts. Our number 1 donut shop...by a far mile.

2 comments:

  1. Ya, I actually really don't get the whole Timmy's thing. I mean, *why* is there that 15 minute line?! It's not bad coffee, but it isn't miracle super coffee either. Over the course of the role up the rim contest I probably drank about 50 litres of coffee, and maybe 2 cups were from Tim's. Why? Cause there is better, cheaper, fair-trade, organic coffee available here on campus. The time has come, Canada, to break the hegemony of Tim Hortons! Fight back! And don't just go to Starbucks either, try (gasp!) a local coffee shop!!!! Chances are their coffee is just as good, and just as cheap, and there's no meaningless 15 minute lines.

    Hehe, thanks for the opportunity to try out my down-with-Timmy's rant :).

    Oh, and if it makes you feel any better, the times I did get a RR cup, I totally forgot to roll the rim. Yep, probably threw a car and $10,000 into the trash ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... we sure don't have cheaper fair trade coffee available around here! TH is BY FAR the cheapest coffee place around these parts... but I hate coffee so it doesn't matter to me :) I like the ice capps in the summer though- yum!

    ReplyDelete