Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Voice - A Review

This is a first for me.  I'm reviewing a bible.  Well, just the New Testament, but still.  The folks at Booksneeze sent me a copy of this book in exchange for an impartial review.  Here's what I have to say.


The Voice: New Testament is a new, paperback version of the New Testament done in a completely new way, or at least a way than I've never seen.  The vision of this project is to be holistic, beautiful, sensitive and balanced.  The Voice uses a team of writers, scholars, poets and storytellers to see this vision through and I think they've met this vision very successfully.

Here's what I like. First, I really like that it is a version taken from the original language.  Second, I like the format.  Third, I like the content of the study material and the introduction for each book, they are insightful and added much to my reading.  Fourth, I love the way it's written, the language is beautiful and easy to read.  My only complaint is that the copy I have is paperback and while the cover is lovely, it's already looking very worn.  The content to me is much more important though.

The Voice: New Testament may very well be my favorite study bible ever.  There were several times as I was reading through that I wished I'd had this when I was younger.  An excellent way of making the Word come alive.  


No comments:

Post a Comment