Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Greater Love by Robert Whitlow - A Review

_240_360_Book.174.cover.jpg


A Greater Love, by Robert Whitlow is the third installment in the Tides of Truth series about Tami.  Tami is a young, conservative Christian woman who has just become a lawyer.  She finishes school and begins her career, all the while trying to find her way in romance and staying true to her religion.


I did not read the first two books in this series and I think that was definitely a detriment.  I could not, no matter how hard I tried, like the main character Tami.  She was immature, naive, overly conservative and one dimensional.  Perhaps if I'd had the benefit of the character development from the first two books, I would feel differently.  The writing in places felt choppy.  I struggled through this book as the extreme conservative nature of this religion irked me.  And you couldn't avoid it, God or the Bible or church was mentioned on almost every page in this book.

On the plus side, the story was pretty good.  I felt like I got a pretty good idea about the previous two books and almost wanted to read them.  Also, some of the supporting characters were interesting and even likable.  But for me, not one of my favorites.

Booksneeze provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for my impartial review.

No comments:

Post a Comment