Sunday, August 22, 2010

Surprise!

I went to the big city this weekend for a family function.  I left the house in a mess.  Not a disaster, necessarily, but not clean either.  Dishes in the sink.  Dust and fingerprints everywhere.  Laundry cleaned and folded, but not put away.  Books hanging off the bookshelves.  Toys stuffed wherever they could fit. I don't like to leave the house like that when I go away, but sometimes when it's the choice between sleep and clean?  I must choose sleep.

Especially since Brian - my husband - had to stay home for work.

When I got home, I walked in and noticed that, huh, the living room was clean.  He cleaned!  Then I looked into the kitchen.  Spotless.  Yes and not only did he clean, but he de-cluttered too.  I went upstairs and noticed that the boys' room was clean and tidy... and things had been moved around.

Which meant that he'd done a lot of work because... now I have a craft room.  Yes, we've (well, HE) reorganized and the previously almost unused playroom is now my very own room.  And the room for the old computer which the boys like to play on.

Wow.  Wow.  That's all I have to say.

His comment, an hour after us being home and he's been chasing Finleigh around and dealing with her tantrums?  "I'd rather clean the house."

Thank you, my husband.  Now I can get through this last week and get the things I need to get done, done.  In a clean house.

P.S.  And he bought me flowers too.

5 comments:

  1. YAY Brian!!!!!! Good man!!

    I'm jealous.

    You should just see my house right now.

    I'm watching Gilmore Girls and drinking. That should give you a clue about how I feel today.

    Welcome home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful. You've got a good man right there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! If my hubby would clean and organize when I went out I would be jumping for joy. I am usully pleased if the dishes make it from the family room into the kitchen:)

    Found you through Tara's view so thought I would say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers, you do have a good man. Flowers is an awesome touch. Yeah for a craft room!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great brother I have that does all those cool things for his wife!
    By the way, love the new blog layout!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete