Thursday, April 14, 2011

Defiant Joy: The Remarkable Life & Impact of G.K. Chesterton by Kevin Belmonte - A Review



In Defiant Joy: The Remarkable Life & Impact of G.K. Chesterton, Kevin Belmonte explores Chesterton's works and analyses the impact they had in England and North America. Chesterton wrote poetry, fiction, literary critics, essays and theology. He is a celebrated, Catholic author who did his part to inject some optimism and focus on God during the early 20th century, which according to this book was a pessimistic age. His works are still read and useful for today's reader.

I will admit that I'm not particularly well read. Owing in part to my Protestant background, I've never read anything by Chesterton, but after reading this book, I hope to take the time to dig into some of his works in the future. This book was interesting to read and left me wishing that I'd read Chesterton's work before. This book was a good overview (in my limited knowledge) of Chesterton's work and it did an excellent job of explaining how this man did his part to change the world. With no knowledge going in, I feel that I now know a good deal about Chesterton and his work.

I received this book from BookSneeze in exchange for an impartial review.

No comments:

Post a Comment