Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sickness, sleep and light

We've got a bit of a stomach flu going on around our house. I was flat out on the couch yesterday for most of the day. I'm feeling better today, a little, anyways. We've had three down, so now the question is, will the other two get sick?

It's been a strange one… not like our usual stomach flus. Finleigh has thrown up in the night for the last two nights… and then seems to be fine during the day. How fair is that? Honestly. I wish she was lying on the couch… instead she's picking fights with her brothers, getting into things and yelling just loud enough to wake up her poor, long suffering father who was up with her most of the night. Oh well… really, I am glad that she's not feeling badly. It would just be nice if she had a little less energy.

So… I took this picture the other day when I was feeling especially tired. I wanted to show the bags under my eyes (I was having a woe-is-me moment. Oh, please feel sorry for me. I'm soooo tired. Poor, poor, poor me, look at the physical ramifications from my life), but try as I might, I couldn't get them to look like they do to me in the mirror. Instead, they do show how bad my skin is right now… a direct result of stress and horrible eating, I suspect. But, such is life.


Then I moved over a bit and the sun came shining in the window. All my blemishes were gone. As well my red, blotchy skin and the bags under my eyes. Hidden by the light that outshines all else. 


I played around with the light for awhile. These were my favourite pictures. 


I'm feeling much more rested today. Two naps yesterday and a full night's sleep last night helps a lot.

So, whining doesn't feel quite right today. I have a date night planned with my husband tomorrow night. I can't wait. And I got to cancel our two appointments today because of the sickness in our house.

Everything seems so much better with sleep. The frustrations are there, but they're not all consuming today.

Now, if you'll excuse me… I think I have to go lie down.


4 comments:

  1. Amanda! Those sunlit pictures! So great! Good for you. You know, when I was really really sick. I mean, REALLY sick, I looked like crap and I wish I had taken pictures so that I could look back to see how far I've come. Good for you. You are such a beautiful soul. Have fun on your date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!!...im off to find some light. I have staggered thru this week with only snippets of sleep each night thanks to a very hyped and anxious lad not sleeping.no matter the night, the sun always shines again.....now I just have to find the good in that.....happy napping......hope you all banish the tummy flu soon. Alx

    ReplyDelete
  3. just love those sun burst pictures the exhaustion and flu not so much! get better soon xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those light pictures.
    And I am sick too. But with a nasty chest cold, not the stomach flu.
    I am taking no pictures of myself, I want no record of this. :p

    ReplyDelete