Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I had a dream...




I saw it in Target. I had a cart full of clothes for my daughter for school. It was completely impractical, but oh, so pretty. 

I bought it. The lovely little blouse you see above. 

I had visions of her wearing it at the Christmas concert with fancy black leggings and her little black Mary Janes.

I knew... I KNEW in the back of my mind that it was silly. And that it wouldn't last. And that I really shouldn't. But even a mom to a special needs kid wants her daughter to look sweet, and lovely, and all those things that a mom wants for her daughter. 

Even if that special needs daughter has a penchant for destroying things. 

Alas, after one wear, not only was it covered in food, but it was ripped. Torn by her adorable little fingers. 

Good-bye sweet little lacy blouse. I will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment