Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween Candy

I'm thankful for my son's ghost costume. Why? Because it was awkward to trick or treat in. What a mean mommy I am, being happy that my son didn't have the best time trick or treating? Well, that white sheet with eye holes kept sliding out of place, so he wanted to go home early. Phewff. Otherwise they would have SO much candy I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I just want it gone. Gone, I tell you. Away from me, you tempting little treats!!! Besides, they don't need it either.

I don't know what it is. We've got quite a bit of chocolate and candy around the house right now, but it's that Halloween stuff that technically isn't even mine that keeps taunting me. And there's not really anything yummy left. But, I guess it must just be the fact that it's Halloween candy. I've conditioned myself over the years that Halloween = over-indulgence. Well, let's call it what it really is...gluttony. So, I've kept myself in control, but only just barely.

Just a few more days and it'll all be gone. I can do this...

No comments:

Post a Comment