Friday, April 11, 2008

Nothing much to say...

Well, nothing much to say of real interest anyways. I've been struggling to find a balance between cooking healthy meals, making meals that I like and making meals that the rest of my family will eat. And I've become a little vocal and grouchy about it.

I think to myself all the fun and interesting things I could eat if I was only cooking for myself (and I'm still not willing to cook 2 completely different meals). But then, after I get over my frustrations, I remember how great my kids are and how much I love being a mom. I wouldn't trade my children for all the Walnut Crusted Salmon in the world. Or my husband for that matter. I guess I can live with mac'n'cheese, and hotdogs and that kinda stuff for a few (15) years. Just like I've accepted tripping over toys, sweeping after every freakin' meal and mucky bathroom faucets.

Also, Tracy, if you're reading this...I don't know how to get a hold of you, but I would LOVE to hear your story and chat about your experiences with your daughter. You really don't meet many (or any) people whose children have swallowing disfunctions and have to deal with it all. Maybe you could leave your email address in my comments?

2 comments:

  1. oh I would gladly eat walnut crusted salmon with anytime... and my kids will eat hotdogs with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, let me know the time and date and I'm there with you two! :o)

    ReplyDelete