Thursday, June 19, 2008

All sorts for stuff...

I have all sorts of little things to talk about. None very interesting, but here I go...

I adore my children! Can you tell? I had little special moments with each of them this morning on an individual basis and that makes me feel all warm inside. It's not that I don't have these kinds of moments often, it's just that I had one with each of them this morning. And with all the frustration I've been having lately, with oh say soccer and 3 year old tantrums and stinking, yellow tubes, it's good for my mother's heart.

I'm OP and staying strong. I've even earned 15 AP's this week so far. Feels good to be back in control.

I'm baking a cake for money this week. A friend of a friend is having a hard time finding a baby shower cake (apparently, in this town that's ripe with variety and choice...uhm no...the grocery stores...cuz we don't have bakeries here...only make birthday cakes these days. huh, go figure). So, since she needs a shower cake and my friend, who also decorates cakes and I borrow lots of supplies from, is too busy, she thought I might do it. So I will. And I'll post a picture of it, I think...if I like it enough (hey, at least I'm honest). I hope it turns out well, and I'm not real sure what I'll charge yet.

I really want to scrapbook and work on Finleigh's baby album, but I just can't seem to get at it. So, things sit there, getting dusty, and I do stuff like decorate cakes or blog or read blogs or watch TV instead...sigh. But I love scrapbooking, really I do. But I love doing it more with other people who are scrapbooking too.

I drank 4 cans of diet pop yesterday. A little excessive, no? My usual rule is no pop until AFTER supper, but I started early yesterday.

In my attempt to get back on track with WW's, I've been trying to post more on the WW's boards, but they make me tired. Don't know why. I used to love them and now I just don't have anything beneficial to say. So there.

Only a few more days of school left...this time next week, it'll officially be summer vacation. I want to give Will's teacher something special for all she's done this year for him. Any ideas? She likes candles, so I'll probably try to find a nice one somewhere in this shopping mecca where we live. We had a meeting yesterday at school about next year with Will's teacher and the classroom support person who will be helping to make sure Will is challenged next year. That makes me happy and relieved that we'll have some help next year.

And now, if you're still reading (I mean, who wouldn't be, my life is fascinating!!!) I think that's about all for now. I've been thinking a lot lately about body image and may break into my thoughts on that soon. But for now, I should go fold some laundry.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the boards. Its almost like they are too dry for me now. I still read them but I dont sit on them for hours like I used to. I pretty much log on to my etools to track my food and stick around for 5 mins or so to read the first page of my fav threads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never posted or really read any of the WW boards. You will have tell me which ones have helped you!

    I too love scrapbooking but I haven't really done anything in a long time...guess i am becoming more of a "scrapbook supply collector"! sigh...

    Oh and great job with the APs and staying OP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted you to know I read every single one of your posts... even if I don't comment :)
    love you.

    ReplyDelete