Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A more "mature" way to drink

I'm feeling better about things this afternoon. I've gotten a few of the little detail things done that were bugging me and I am still in denial. I should probably be doing something a little more productive, but I wanted to share this with you.

Finleigh has a new occupational therapist to help her with her drinking. I love her. Why do I love her? Since I've only met her once, I don't have much to go on but, she recommended some new cups for Finleigh to drink from and I've seen a night and day difference.


She told me that they would encourage a more mature way of drinking and that would also encourage talking. Yes, that's what I said. The cups our kids use can help them learn how to talk. These two that she suggested look more like travel mugs than sippy cups. When the little one drinks out of it, their mouths form as on a cup instead of a bottle. Much more "mature."

Since Finn still has thickened fluids, I took out the valve and it gets a bit messy, but it does a mom's heart good to see her little girl drinking BY HERSELF!!! She just finished her snack and I was so excited about the whole thing that I thought I'd share with my fellow moms. She's not talking yet, but she sure does love these things. Give these a try...you might really like them.

The blue and orange cup is from Munchkin.

These other ones are from Playtex

I must say that the ones here are way cooler looking than the ones I found at Babies'R'Us on our quick shopping trip in the big city. Mine are Little Einsteins and Dora. Not so bad, I guess...but look at those cute purple flowers and those blue circles. THOSE are cool.

Guess I'll just have to buy some more.

1 comment: