Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday check-in

I'm down another 0.9 lbs this morning. That takes me to 176.8 lbs.

I'm pleased...especially since I haven't been counting. I've just kinda been feeling my way through the week. You know, doing what I know I should do and taking care not to binge. I figure if I can just keep from binging I can keep the scale from going up. And so far it's been working. With everything else going on right now, I just can't seem to wrap my head around counting points. So, I'm not going to stress myself out about it and cause extra guilt that I just don't need. I'm just going to try to listen to my body and eat healthfully.

So, where does that put me? Well. I'm still 1.8 lbs above what I thought my ceiling weight should be (175). I'm 10.1 lbs higher than I was when I left for Jamaica.

But the good news is that I'm 5 lbs lower than I was a few weeks ago and I'm aware. I'm being honest with myself and not trying to fool myself that it's not that bad. I must stay in control or I'll find myself in the 200's again. It can happen far too easily. I hate this whole focus on the numbers thing, but without that benchmark, it's too easy to let my weight spiral out of control, so focus on the scale I will continue to do.

Also? I'm happy with myself right now. I'm not thrilled with the little roll of fat around my mid-section that wasn't there a month ago...but I still like myself. I'm comfortable in my own skin and that's something I couldn't have said 18 months ago.

I'm 23 lbs lighter than I was last year at this time. In one way I'm ecstatic about that. Hey, I've maintained a 50lb loss and then lost 23 more. On the other hand, there's really no excuse for me not to be at goal right now.

So...that's where my weight loss journey's at now. We'll see how I fair over the next 2 weeks as we enter the Christmas season and as I get serious about my Christmas baking today.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, well done!!
    :o)
    I got something in my mailbox today that totally made my day.
    Thank you!
    Good luck this week. I say you've got a good attitude. Enjoy this month (with some caution) and then you can always be more hardcore in the new year...
    Congrats on your 73 pound loss!!! You amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should be very proud of yourself! i know what you mean though. we will always have to monitor the scale/clothes size or the weight will find us to easily.

    hey, and in two weeks. something magical happens and for at least a month, everyone around us and on tv are on a mission to be healthier. i am ready for that magic click to kick my butt into high gear!

    ReplyDelete