Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sleep...please!

I'm the type of gal that often chooses not to sleep. I like to be up and doing stuff that I love to do. And since, in life, there never seems to be enough time to do everything I'd like to do (and that goes for even before I had kids) I tend to not sleep. That and sometimes I just can't sleep. And I'm fine to do that as long as I get the opportunity every couple weeks to get a few extra hours here or there.

I have, however, not had that opportunity in the last few weeks. So, I've been trying to resort to my back up...going to bed early. Which has turned into a bit of a joke because the last 2 nights one or another of my children have still been up or woken up before I was able to fall asleep...which kept me up late because hubby had 12 hour shifts the next day. And now I'm tired. And being tired makes being healthy...or trying to be healthy...pretty tough.

I know, excuses, excuses!

But there it is. And I'm expecting a possible gain or at least not a loss this week.

And I'm tired. And thankful for the fact that there are no more babies in my future to throw my sleep off course. And also thankful that my kids almost always sleep well. Except for the last 2 nights and the morning before that.

But at least my headache that didn't end for 5 days seems to be gone...knock on wood. And only one of my children have thrown up so far this week...maybe the rest of us won't get whatever he had.

1 comment:

  1. ugh. Sick kids, lack of sleep, a constant headache and STILL you are keeping it together!!

    I hope this week is kinder to you and the family !

    xo

    ReplyDelete