Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Weigh In - 1

Heh heh.

So apparently?  Just announcing to the internet that you're gonna lose weight and then not really doing anything about it doesn't actually make you lose weight.

I know!  I was surprised too!

But seriously, it was definitely a mediocre week.  I did exercise, but not as much or as intensely as I should have.  I made a few good food decisions, but I made more bad ones...especially last night.

And now I have to tell you what I weighed this morning.  I'd rather not have to type this number, but if I'm going to do this, I need to be honest with myself and if I'm going to use this blog as a way of being accountable, I have to be honest with you too.

191.6 lb.

Blah.

When I was successfully losing weight, way back, it was hard.  Of course it was, but once I got into the grove, it wasn't hard and it didn't really feel like effort.  So, in my mind as I go back to it, I don't need to put effort into it.  It should be natural.

I've gotta stop living in the past cuz it's REALLY hard to get back into the whole eating less calories than you burn thing.  I love me my food.  I love eating and it still is a bit of an emotional crutch.  I've gone to blog a couple times this week about my frustrations...which may very well have helped me, but I didn't.  I chose to eat instead.  The perfect solution.  Keep my feelings bottled up inside with food.  Ya, I can see that going well in the future.

So, I guess I'd better get more serious this week.  I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up - you're on the right track to be blogging about it for a start. Its so crazy how our minds work - I'm the same way - I think that just cuz I SAY I'm going to start over this week, that I'll automatically be doing it - but then I still eat everything in sight! I feel your pain.
    You CAN DO IT! :o) Keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete